If your portal is set up for direct debit payments for invoicing and this is set as the preferred payment method in the Customer profile, the invoices can be included in a Payment Run. This will include a list of direct debits that will be included in the export file.
Generate a Payment Run
Go to Invoicing > Generate Payment Runs.
Select the invoices that you would like to include in the payment run.
Click With selected Invoices... > select the relevant payment run action
Select the Settlement Date and account to Receipt Info > Go.
The action that you choose from the 'With selected Invoices…' drop-down will depend on what type of payment run you would like to generate:
- Generate Run (Preferred Method) will use the preferred method of payment set on the customer or job to generate a new payment run.
- Create Direct Debit Run generated a new direct debit payment run for the selected invoices.
- Add to Direct Debit Run adds the selected invoices to an existing draft direct debit payment run.
- Create Credit Card Run generates a new credit card payment run for the selected invoices.
- Add Credit Card Run adds the selected invoices to an existing credit card payment run.
The Settlement Date is the date that the funds will be paid into your account. You can set this as the invoice due date or nominate an alternate date.
The ‘Receipt into’ account is the account that you would like to receive the payment into.
Edit a Payment Run
A Payment Run in Draft status can be edited, if you need to change the Settlement Date or account receiving the payment. You can also add or remove invoices from the Draft payment run.
To edit a payment run:
- Go to Invoicing > Process Payment Runs.
Click the Payment Run ID to open the payment run.
- Click With selected Invoice… > select the relevant action > Go.
To remove invoices from payment runs, you will need to select the invoices prior to step 3, then select ‘Remove from Payment Run’ from the With selected Invoice… drop-down list.
To change the Settlement Date or ‘Receipt into’ settings, select ‘Edit Payment run metadata’.
To delete a payment run, select Delete Payment Run. This will delete the payment run only; the invoices will still need to be processed in another way.