If you need to process expense reimbursements to your employees, you can have this enabled in your portal. Please contact our Support Team if you need to have this function enabled.
Expense Categories are categories that can be assigned when an expense is created, to classify it with other similar expenses. You can view the Expense Categories in your portal by going to Config > Payroll > Expense Categories.
You'll see a default list of expense categories in here when you first navigate to this screen. You can choose to use as many or as few of these as you need. You can change the names, or simply delete any that you don't require.
If your portal has more than one region enabled, filter the Report Settings drop-down by Regulatory Region to view the Expense Categories associated with the selected region only. If only one region is enabled, all Expense Categories will automatically link to that region.
Add an Expense Category
- Go to Config > Payroll > Expense Categories > click ‘Add New Expense Category’.
- If prompted, select a Region > Create new Expense Category. This step is only required in portals with more than one region enabled.
- Enter a Name for the category.
- Select the Invoice Item Type (eg Expenses)
- Enter the Income and Expense Account Codes that should be used when this Expense Category is assigned to an expense.
- Select a Tax Type from the drop-down list. This list will only show Tax Types for the selected Region.
- If the Expense Category should be available for use, tick the Enabled checkbox.
- Click Save.
Edit an Expense Category
- Go to Config > Payroll > Expense Categories
- Click on the name of an Expense Category to view the current configuration
- Update the settings as required
- Click Save.
The Region of an Expense Category cannot be changed once the category has been created.
Delete an Expense Category
Expense Categories can only be deleted if they have not been previously used in the system.
- Tick the checkbox to the left of an Expense Category Name
- Click ‘With selected expense categories…’
- Click ‘Delete’.
Please sign in to leave a comment.