An invoiceable item can be marked as ‘Never Invoice’. This removes the item from the Invoicing > Invoiceable Items list and will prevent it from being included in an invoice. You might do this if you've told a customer you won't invoice them for a particular item, or for lines with a zero dollar value.
Mark an Invoiceable Item as ‘Never Invoice’
To mark an item as Never Invoice:
- Go to Invoicing > Invoiceable Items.
- Select the invoiceable item by ticking the checkbox.
- Click With selected Invoiceable Items… > Mark as Never Invoice > Go.
You can use the Reporting Settings filters to identify invoiceable items with a zero dollar value so that they either don’t appear in the Invoiceable Items report or can be marked as Never Invoice.
To filter the report to exclude zero dollar items, go to Report Settings and remove the tick to include Items of Zero Value then click Go.
Mark a Never Invoice Item as Ready to Invoice
You can revert an item marked as Never Invoice so that it can be included in an invoice. To mark an item as ‘Ready to Invoice’:
- In Report Settings, filter the report to include items Items Marked as Never Invoice.
- Select the invoiceable item line in the report.
- Click With selected Invoiceable Items > Mark as Ready to Invoice > Go.