Subscribe to the Astute Payroll Mailing List
You can stay up to date on new features and updates by subscribing to the Astute Payroll mailing list. To subscribe, please click this link and follow the steps listed in the Astute Update.
Releases and Fixes
22 September 2021
- Deleting a Workplace. The Workplaces report in a Customer profile will show the number of jobs linked to a workplace, with the Delete action not appearing for a workplace if any jobs are linked.
08 September 2021
- Payroll Validation Detailed .csv. A detailed .csv is available to review and validate the data in your pay runs before they are marked as paid. This is available for pay runs in any status.
01 September 2021
- Dashboard Files. Dashboard Files can now be set as Visible for Employees or Subcontractors only. If either of these options are set, you can also further filter which users are assigned the file on their dashboard by Permission Group.
26 August 2021
- Excel File Attachments. In addition to existing file types, .xls, .xlsx, and .csv files can now be attached on timesheets in Pending Submission status and invoices in Draft status.
22 August 2021
- Workplace, Occupation and Customer Defaults for Insurances (API). Default insurance_ids can now be set in requests to the UserSave, OccupationSave, and BillerWorkplaceSave methods. These options are available in addition to setting a specific insurance_id
- Where insurance_id = -1, the Customer default is set (in all above methods)
- Where insurance_id = -2, the Workplace default is set (in UserSave and OccupationSave)
- Where insurance_id = -3, the Occupation default is set (in UserSave only)
28 July 2021
- Timesheet Attachments in Pay Conditions. Timesheets with attachments will be marked with a paperclip icon in the Pay Conditions report. By expanding the timesheet line, you can view a list of the attached files.
- Customer Export Files. The Normal and Detailed .csv exports in Users > Customers will now include the Remote ID and Parent Remote ID. A number of other columns has also been added to the Detailed export, with more information on timesheet, expense, and invoice settings.
18 July 2021
- Timesheet Status Report. A Customer filter has been added to Report Settings > Search, which will return customer name and workplace. The Employee search will now only return results related to employee name.
- Pay Rate and Rules Report. The default setting for With selected jobs... > Rule Group has been updated to 'Unchanged'. This is consistent with the Rate Card default, and ensures that rule groups are not mistakenly overwritten or unassigned if other fields are left blank.
02 July 2021
- Payday Filing for Contractors (NZ). Contractors' tax and personal details are now reported from the Supplier profile. You will need to ensure that Supplier profiles contain the correct Name, Address and IRD number, and that a contractor is assigned the correct Subcontractor Entity in their Employment tab.
- Tax Free Threshold in Paper TFNDs (AU). The Paper tax file declaration now includes a Tax Free Threshold Claimed field if an employee's Payee Tax Status is set to Australian Resident. The options that appear in the Tax Tables dropdown will filter based on what is selected in the Payee Tax Status and Tax Free Threshold Claimed fields. This change impacts the paper TFND only.