You may need to update Pay, oncosts and Charge rates for 1 July 2022 if:
- You have employees receiving rate increases effective 1 July. This may include the 5.2% minimum wage increase confirmed by FairWork.
- You need to update on cost rates to take into account changes to superannuation or payroll tax rates (if applicable).
- You need to update charge rates due to agreed changes or increases to superannuation or payroll tax rates (if applicable).
NOTE: These rate changes will only apply to time worked from the effective date of the rate increase. If you pay the employee for a date prior to July 1, you may need to manually adjust charge rates to include any differences in superannuation or Payroll Tax.
If you manage your rates directly in Astute Payroll, you can follow the steps below to update this information. Rates that are managed externally to Astute will need to be amended outside of your portal.
For information on updating your superannuation guarantee contribution (SGC) rate, please refer to this article.
Update a Job Pay Rate
- Go to Users > Employees > select the employee > select job > Job Details.
- Click Edit Rates.
- Enter the Pay Rate, Oncost (if applicable), Charge Rate and Start Date under Timesheet Rate History > Pay Rate.
- Click Add Rates.
- Click Save.
Update a Rate Card
- Go to Config > Payroll > Rate Cards.
- Click the + next to the Rate Card you want to change.
- Click Add Rate Change next to the pay rate that you want to change.
- From the popup window that opens, enter the Pay Rate, Oncost (if applicable), Charge Rate and Start Date.
- Click Add Rate.
- Click Save Rate Card.
Do rate changes affect all employee rates?
If your company updates charge rates to align with changes in superannuation and Payroll Tax rates, then you will need to update the charge rates on employee jobs. If a job is attached to a Rate Card which is also impacted by rate changes, the rates in the Rate Card will also need updating.
If you use reports such as the Recruiter Analytics report, or intend to use the Estimated Profit Report to calculate your margin, the Oncost field will need to be updated if you’re adjusting your charge rates to account for changes to the Payroll Tax rates.
To do this, you will need to update the Pay Rate on the employee job, and may also need to update the Rate Card assigned to a job. Pay, Oncost and Charge Rates are managed in the following places:
- On the employee’s Job - Users > Employees > select employee > select job > Job Details
- On the Rate Card - Config > Payroll > Rate Cards > select Rate Card > Add Rate Change
You can also use the Rate Card Importer to update Rate Cards in bulk.
If you have an integrated Recruitment Management System (RMS) where your rates are managed, you will need to enter any rate changes directly in the RMS. Please do not manually change rates in your Astute portal.