Payroll Journal Summarisation
Payroll summarisation is determined by two factors:
- the categories being used and whether any employees have that field
- the summarisation option set in the integration configuration
If categories are being used then the pay run will first be broken down into journals where that relevant category is used. For example, if two employees are listed and they have different categories, then there will be one journal for each of them but they’ll have the same pay run reference.
The summarisation setting determines the level of detail when payroll journals are exported from Astute and created in MYOB.
To set the summarisation type, go to Config > Company Management > select the entity > Integration > select option in the Payroll drop down list.
- System default, including one line per pay run per pay line item for all expenses and liabilities
- Provision for Wages will generally report as one line per journal
- Summarised by Categories
- Summarises the payroll data as one line per employee pay for all expenses and liabilities
- eg all superannuation items for an employee will consolidate into a single line, if they have the same GL Code, Jobs and Categories
- If an employee has more than one pay in the pay run ,each pay will appear on a separate line.
- Provision for Wages will report as one line per journal.
- Summarises the payroll data as one line per pay run per Pay Item for all expenses and liabilities, separated into different journals by the Categories present in the payrun.
- Summarised by:
- Pay Item. Unique pay items (‘Description’ in MYOB) will list on a separate line even if they share a GL Code, and Job code
- GL Code. Expenses with the same Description but different GL Codes will list separately