If you have been assigned leave in your employee profile, you'll be able to request leave and submit it for approval.
Submit a Leave Request
To submit a leave request:
- Go to Leave > Leave Requests > New Leave Request.
- Select a Leave Type.
- Enter the First Date of Leave and Last Date of Leave in DD.MM.YYYY format or select the date from the drop-down calendar.
- Tick the ‘I am taking full days off’, unless you're applying for a partial day.
- Select the job related to the leave you're requesting in the For Job dropdown list.
- Enter any notes that you would like to add to the leave request. This may include a brief description of the reason for your leave, and is an optional field.
- Click Next.
- Check that the Start and Finish times for each day are correct, or edit them as required.
- Click Submit to send the request to your leave approver.
You can also create a leave request in Leave > Leave Balances > New Request.
Partial Leave Days For Leave in Hours
If you are only requesting a partial day of leave, you will need to ensure that you haven't ticked the 'I am taking full days off' checkbox in Step 4.
When you click Next in the leave request, you'll need to enter the Start and Finish times for the period of leave you are requesting, and these times will be used to calculate the total number of leave hours being taken.
Request Leave in Day Units
Your leave accruals may calculate in days instead of hours, in which case there is a slightly different process to applying to take leave.
To request leave for a leave category which accrues in days (eg Annual Leave, Annual Leave in Advance), you can add the leave item to your timesheet and select the fraction of the day being taken from the accompanying dropdown list (eg ¼ day, ½ day, ¾ day, or 1 unit to request a full day of leave).
Cancel an Approved Leave Request
Leave categories can be optionally configured so that employees are able to cancel their own approved leave requests. This configuration is done for each individual leave category, according to the preferences of your employer or recruiter.
Leave requests can only be cancelled by an employee if they meet all of the following conditions:
- the leave category has been configured to allow you to cancel your own pending requests;
- the leave request is future-dated and in Approved status; and,
- your timesheet for the period that contains the leave being requested is in a status of Not Open, Pending Submission, or Pending Approval.
If all of these criteria are met, a Cancel button will display next to the approved leave request in your Leave > Leave Requests tab.
Important: This functionality is optional. If your timesheet and leave request are in a valid status, and there is no option to cancel, it is likely that the leave category you are requesting is not configured to allow you to cancel your request.
If this is the case, you will need to contact your payroll team or approver directly to request that they cancel a request on your behalf.