If you have been assigned leave in your employee profile, you'll be able to request leave and submit it for approval.
Submit a Leave Request
To submit a leave request:
- Go to Leave > Leave Requests > New Leave Request.
- Select a Leave Type.
- Enter the First Date of Leave and Last Date of Leave in DD.MM.YYYY format or select the date from the drop-down calendar.
- Tick ‘I am taking full days off’, unless you're applying for a partial day.
- Click Next.
- Check that the Start and Finish times for each day are correct, or edit them as required.
- Click Submit to send the request to your leave approver.
You can also create a leave request in Leave > Leave Balances > New Request.
Partial Leave Days For Leave in Hours
If you are only requesting a partial day of leave, you will need to ensure that you haven't ticked the 'I am taking full days off' checkbox in Step 4.
When you click Next in the leave request, you'll need to enter the Start and Finish times for the period of leave you are requesting, and these times will be used to calculate the total number of leave hours being taken.
Request Leave in Day Units
Your leave accruals may calculate in days instead of hours, in which case there is a slightly different process to applying to take leave.
To request leave for a leave category which accrues in days (eg Annual Leave, Annual Leave in Advance), you can add the leave item to your timesheet and select the fraction of the day being taken from the accompanying dropdown list (eg ¼ day, ½ day, ¾ day, or 1 unit to request a full day of leave).