The Timesheet Importer allows multiple timesheets to be imported into Astute Payroll.
Before imports can be conducted, an Import Format will need to be configured from Config > Payroll > Configure Imports.
There are a number of timesheet importers available in Astute. For more information on a specific importer, please click on the link below to the relevant Help Centre article:
The Configure Imports screen will show a list of active Import Formats that are configured in the portal. A new import format can be added by following the steps below:
- Click Create New Format from the top right.
- Enter a Format Name and selected the Importer from the drop down menu.
- Click Next.
- In the Edit Format screen, select the Customer that the importer is linked to.
- Click Add new Alias to enter each pay item alias, one at a time.
- Enter the Rate Name as it appears in the importer in the Alias field and select the equivalent Astute values in the drop down menus.
- Click Save when the details are complete.
Each pay item is set up and mapped separately so steps 5-7 will need to be repeated for all additional items.
You will only need to add aliases (steps 5 and 6) if you are using an importer that includes pay items. These options will not appear if the importer that you are using does not import this information.
Existing Pay Item Aliases can be edited or deleted in the Edit Format screen by clicking the Edit option in the far right column.
Once the importer is configured, go to Config > Payroll > Import Timesheets to proceed with the actual import to be done.
- From the Choose Import Criteria screen, click Choose file to upload the import file.
- Select the Import Format that you have created
- Click Validate.
A validation message will show on the screen, indicating a successful validation or identifying the errors in the upload.
If successful, click on the Timesheet Pre Interpretation Data tab to preview what will be imported.
If the validation was unsuccessful, click the Errors tab to confirm the issue then click Back to make the required corrections and reupload the data for validation.
Once the data is reviewed, click Import to finalise the upload. This will be confirmed with an on-screen notification.
Review Imported Timesheets
Imported timesheets will have a status of Approved and will flow through automatically to the Pay Conditions list for finalisation.
From the Payroll > Pay Conditions > Pay Conditions menu, click on a timesheet to review.
The History in the right column will include the date and time of the import and the approver who processed this. Only weekly units will flow through in the import, so please note that Start and Finish times aren’t reported.