Subscribe to the Astute Payroll Mailing List
You can stay up to date on new features and updates by subscribing to the Astute Payroll mailing list. To subscribe, please click this link and follow the steps listed in the Astute Update.
Releases and Fixes
06 June 2021
- Custom Email "From" Address. An 'Email "From" Address' field has been added in Company Management, under entity details, so that you can customise the email "From" address when system and scheduled notifications are sent from your system. If this field is unused, your default portal ID will be used.
- Leave Accruals on Leave Days. Leave accruals can now be tailored to calculate only on select pay items within a leave request, rather than on the whole leave request. For example, if Annual Leave is taken on a day comprising 7.6 hours annual leave and 0.4 RDO accrual, you can now elect to exclude the RDO component from the leave accrual calculation.
Due to this change, you should review your leave categories to ensure that both the relevant leave items and pay item leave is accrued against are selected.
02 June 2021
- Payday Filing Start Date. This field will need to be set for all new entities or entities that have not submitted Payday Filing files to the IRD as part of the configuration process. This update impacts NZ entities only.
23 May 2021
- STP Reporting Settings in the Pay Items Export. The Config > Payroll > Pay Items Detailed Export has been updated to include a column with the Pay Item ID (PCID) and the STP Settings for each pay item.
- 2021-22 Tax Year. The new AU 2021-22 Tax Year has been added to all portals.
16 May 2021
- Payday Filing v2.0 for NZ. This release includes updates to Payday Filing, in accordance with the IRD's new reporting requirements. Changes include:
- additional information reported in the Employee Details (ED) file;
- a new checkbox and dropdown field to record eligibility in the KiwiSaver section of an employee profile;
- reporting employees in the ED file as casual or temporary when their engagement type is set to 'Casual Employment' and further identifying Casual Agricultural Employees (CAE) if their tax code is set to 'CAE';
- a Report Settings option to filter by Engagement Type in the Kiwisaver Details Report, and an additional column for Engagement Type in the report export files.
12 May 2021
- Validating 'Other' Allowance Items. Allowance pay items that have been configured with a Payment Section Setting of 'Total Allowances' and an Allowance Type of 'Other' will be validated upon saving to ensure that no invalid characters are included in the Name field. This is to prevent issues when submitting STP data and applies when new pay items are created or existing items are updated.
05 May 2021
- Zero Value Items in the EPR. An additional Report Settings filter has been added so that you can 'Include Items of Zero Value' in the Estimated Profit Report Detailed .csv export. This will only apply to items that are created from this release onwards.
02 May 2021
- Set Name Fields to Read Only for Employees. You can elect to prevent your employees from editing the First Name, Middle Name and Surname fields in their user profile. Please contact our Support Team for more information.
28 April 2021
- BCTI Format in Supplier Payroll. We've removed the 'Total Tax' line that appeared when a BCTI was generated in Supplier Payroll. The PAYE and GST amounts will both still display individually on the BCTI. This change applies to NZ portals only.
18 April 2021
- Defining Time Worked for NZ Leave. The Config > Leave > Definition of Time Worked section is used to select which pay items should be considered as Time Worked when calculating a dynamic rate that includes a 'Time Worked' value.
11 April 2021
- Supplier Entity Name. The character limit for a Supplier Name has been increased from 50 to 200 characters.