Pay Run Report
The Payroll > Process Payroll > Process Pay Runs report is a list of the pay runs that have been created for an entity. By default, this report will show any outstanding pay runs.
The pay runs that are created in the system will have one of the following statuses:
- Draft - pay run has been created but not locked
- Locked - pay run has been created and locked, so changes cannot be made. The bank file may not have been generated yet or it may have been generated and the Pay Date has not passed
- Paid - pay run has been created and locked, and has been manually marked as Paid
The Process Pay Runs report can also be accessed from Reports > Payroll > Pay Run Report. From within the Pay Run Report, you can remove pays from the pay run, and delete or lock pay runs, or mark them as Paid.
Remove Pays from a Draft Pay Run
Pays can be removed from a pay run before the pay run is locked. You may need to do this because the pay requires editing or because it was incorrectly included in the pay run, or if an employee has not provided bank account details yet.
There are two ways to remove a pay from a pay run:
- click to view the pay run details from the Process Pay Runs report, then click Remove for the required pay;
- click to view the pay run details from the Process Pay Runs report, then tick the checkbox for the pay you would like to remove > With Pay Run… > in the top drop-down field, select Remove Selected Pays from Pay Run > Apply.
When a pay is removed from a pay run, it will be returned to the Process Payroll list, so you can edit the pay data or include the pay in another pay run, as needed.
Delete a Draft Pay Run
To delete a draft pay run:
Go to Payroll > Process Payroll > Process Pay Runs.
Tick the checkbox for the pay run you want to delete.
Click ‘With selected Pay run…’ > Delete > Go > Confirm.
The employee pays in a deleted draft pay run will be returned to the Process Payroll list.
Please sign in to leave a comment.