The Insurance module allows you to manage a list of insurances and rates in your portal and assign these to jobs, occupations, workplaces or customers. This functionality won't be enabled by default in your portal, so for more information on setting this up, please contact our Support Team.
Manually Add an Insurance
To add a new Insurance:
- Go to Config > Payroll > Insurances > Add New Insurance.
- Select a region and click Create New Insurance. (If your portal only has one region enabled, you won’t be prompted to set a region).
- Enter the Classification Name, State and Insurance Code.
- Enter any tags that are required. You can use the tags you assign to an insurance type as search criteria when you filter the report.
- Enter the Gazetted Insurance Rate, Custom Insurance Rate and Start Date. The End Date and Notes fields are optional. NOTE: The Start Date can only be set as the current or a future date.
- Click Save.
Mandatory fields are marked with an asterisk. If a mandatory field is not filled out, an error banner will show onscreen and the incomplete fields will be highlighted in red.
The Gazetted Insurance Rate and Custom Insurance Rate fields must only include numeric characters. An error banner will flag any non-numeric characters and highlight the relevant field in red.
You can also import Insurances from Config > Payroll > Insurance Importer.