While the data that you import into your portal using the Invoice Items Importer will be validated, it is still important to prepare your import file carefully, with accurate and complete data.
To use the Invoice Items Importer:
Enter the data you want to import into the .csv template.
In your portal, go to Invoicing > Invoice Items Importer.
Click Choose File, then select the file to upload and click Open.
Click Validate to load the Validation Results screen, which will identify any errors in the file.
If the Validation Results screen is clear, select Import to proceed with the upload. Otherwise, you will need to update the .csv file to amend any errors and click Back to restart the upload process.
Complete and Format the .csv Template
The first step when you are importing your invoice data is to complete the .csv template. There are some formatting requirements that you will need to comply with when compiling your data.
- The first row of the file is the header and should contain column names only. The order of these columns can be reordered as needed.
- The header names cannot be changed as this will cause the importer to fail.
- The subsequent rows underneath the header row should contain the data that needs to be imported
When you upload the .csv file, the importer will first validate the specific header names in the top row of the file. If any of the expected header names are missing, you will receive an error message.
The importer will also validate the data in each row and flag if:
- the invoice number provided already exists in your portal
- mandatory values as indicated in the table (eg quantity) are empty
- the date provided is in the correct format
- the invoice due date provided occurs before the sent date
- only one date is provided while the other is missing
- the Invoice Status provided is not SENT, DRAFT or left empty
- the Invoice Number is empty but the Invoice Status is set as SENT or DRAFT
- the Invoice Status is empty but an Invoice Number has been entered
- the Invoice Status is SENT but dates are missing
- the invoice sent and due dates are provided without an invoice number or status
- the PO number on invoice and on job have both been provided
- ID and Remote ID have both been provided for Customer, Billing Entity, Billing Contact, Employee, Job or Recruiter
- the Charge Item ID and Pay Item ID have both been provided
- the ID provided does not exist in Astute
- the data entered in Quantity, Unit Price, and/or Tax Amount is not numeric.
- the Invoice Status is DRAFT or empty but the Exported to GL value provided is Y
- or Invoice Status is SENT but the Exported to GL value entered is not Y
- the Recruiter IDs provided are not unique (for multiple recruiters)
- the Recruiter ID has been entered but the corresponding Margin split is empty
if multiple lines have the same invoice number, these lines cannot be consolidated into one invoice if:
- the Invoice Status provided in one or more lines differ
- the Invoice PO Number provided in one or more lines differ
- the Customer ID provided in one or more lines differ
- the Billing Entity ID provided in one or more lines differ
- the Billing Contact ID provided in one or more lines differ
- the Charge/Pay Item provided in one or more lines differ or do not have the same currency set
- the Sent Date provided in one or more lines differ
- the Due Date provided in one or more lines differ
- the Exported to GL value provided in one or more lines differ
Imported Items Search
The Invoicing > Invoiceable Items, Invoicing > Search Invoices and Invoicing > Drafts reports include a Report Setting that allows you to filter by Invoice Item Source. You can use this filter to search for items imported using the Invoice Items Importer.
To search for imported invoices and invoiceable items, click the Report Settings drop-down and select ‘CSV Importer’ as the Invoice Item Source then click Go.