The Deputy integration allows you to seamlessly import timesheets into Astute via the API using the 'export timesheets' function in Deputy.
Before you Start
To use this integration, you'll first need to set up an API User in Astute in order to create an API Key, API Username and API Password. To do this:
- Create an Administrator User in Users > Staff Admins > Create New User
- Assign a first and last name (eg Deputy API)
- Set an email address as the primary email address (should be whoever will set up the password)
- Assign an entity in the Payroll Admin tab if your portal has multiple entities
- Save & Activate
- Retrieve the email and login, and complete the password set up.
Once the above steps have been completed, email firstname.lastname@example.org and request that this new user is assigned Full API Access. Please include the portal URL and the name of the profile in the email.
When you have your API User set up, you'll be able to start exporting timesheets from Deputy into Astute Payroll. For more detailed instructions on the process in Deputy, please see their guide here.