Once the JobAdder IDs are added into Astute, we will provide you with a sandbox so you can test the integration without interfering with any of your live data.
Setting up the Sandbox
All configuration needs to be completed in the production portal before we create the sandbox. This includes:
- Creation of the API profile (Client task)
- Providing full API access to the API profile (Astute task)
- Enabling the webservice (Astute task)
- Enable webservice drafts (Astute task)
- Enable webservice invoice on perm, if required (Astute task)
- Creation of a permanent placement Charge Item and setting this as the Webservice Default (Client task)
- Creation of any required Billing Entities in Astute, and mapping from JobAdder (Client & JobAdder task)
Once the configuration of your live portal has been completed, we will create the sandbox and enable the webservice in the sandbox, so that all the records to be tested can be pushed across.
When this is done, you will be able to validate the information in the records, check that the mapping is correct (data is being imported into the correct fields), and check whether any duplicates are being created.
If there are any issues, you will need to amend these in JobAdder (data ) or Astute (JobAdder IDs), then retest.
Updating your Live Portal
Changes made in the sandbox cannot be imported into the live portal. It’s important to take note of changes you make in the sandbox so that these can be replicated in your live portal.
If you have made significant changes to your live portal’s configuration and want to retest, we can refresh your sandbox.
Once you have confirmed that all is working, the integration can be switched to your production portal. You will need to supply JobAdder with:
- API key (yourportal)
- Username (jobadder.api)
- Password (via SMS or another secure method)
You will also need to contact your Implementation Consultant to ask them to enable ‘enable webservice’ and ‘enable webservice drafts’ in the Master Config of your live portal and the sandbox that JobAdder is connecting to.
If you intend to send permanent placements through, please also request that ‘enable_webservice_invoice_on_perm’ is enabled.