The Invoicing module allows you to generate invoices based on timesheets and expenses that have been submitted in your portal. You can also create manual invoices for permanent placements or sundry items for customers.
You can manage your portal’s invoicing settings in Config > Invoicing. Entity specific configuration is managed in Config > Company Management > select entity > Invoicing.
The Invoicing tab generally comprises six sections in the left menu, which link to the invoicing functions and reports available in Astute:
- Invoiceable Items is a list of items ready to include in an invoice. These can originate in timesheets, expenses or other sources like a permanent placement from a front end system.
- Items can also be created manually from this screen.
- Search Invoices allows you to find invoices using invoice number, customer or date range criteria.
- Drafts is a list of invoices in Draft status. You can view and edit these invoices prior to sending.
- Preview and Send allows you to view and edit invoices, which will display as they will appear to the recipient.
- Outstanding displays a list of invoices that have been sent but not yet paid
- Paid displays a list of invoices that have been paid
- Used for generating and processing payment runs for customers that have been set up with direct debit as their preferred payment method
- Receive Payments allows you to apply payments that have been made by a customer to an outstanding invoice for that customer.
- Payment Report lists all payments that have been recorded in the portal
|Credits & Refunds
- Includes the option to view all credit notes that have been generated in the portal or to apply a credit or refund credit to an outstanding invoice.
|Import & Export
- The options that appear here will depend on how your portal is configured.
- Invoices and payments can be exported in a format compatible with the requirements of some GL integrations.