The Invoicing > Outstanding report lists invoices that have been sent but have not yet been fully paid. Invoices that are outside the payment terms (ie overdue) will appear in red.
You can also generate the Outstanding Statements report to view any outstanding invoices (partially paid or awaiting payment) sorted by Customer.
Once payment has been completed on an outstanding invoice, the invoice will no longer display in the Outstanding Invoices report, and will move to the Paid Invoices report.
Sent Invoices Report
If your portal isn't set up to receive payments, the Outstanding and Paid Invoices reports won't appear for you. Any invoices that have been sent from the Invoicing > Drafts report will be added to the Invoicing > Sent report, a historical list of all 'sent' invoices.
Delivery and Status in the Outstanding or Sent Report
The Delivery and Status columns in the Outstanding or Sent reports will populate based on the most recent completed action, whether this be the initial sending of an invoice or a resend.
The Delivery column will report the most recent method that was actually actioned for each invoice, and the Status column will reflect the progression of the invoice being sent.
For example, an invoice is successfully sent via e-Invoicing, so the Delivery is set to e-Invoicing and the Status will update to Sent. If a user updates the Send Method in the invoice editor to 'Send via Email' and closes the editor without resending the invoice, neither the Delivery nor the Status column will change as the new method in the invoice editor has not been actioned.
Resend an Invoice
If you need to resend an invoice, there are two methods:
- Go to Invoicing > Outstanding >select the invoice > With selected… > Resend Invoices > Go.
- View the individual Sent or Partial paid invoice and click the ‘Resend’ button in the top right of the screen.
Invoices can be resent from the Outstanding or Sent reports if they meet particular criteria:
- If an invoice is originally sent via email or via email with PDF attached, it can be resent via email, post, or e-Invoicing (if this is enabled in your portal).
- If an invoice is originally sent via post, it can be resent via email, post, or e-Invoicing (if this is enabled in your portal.
- If an invoice is originally sent via e-Invoicing and has been sent successfully or shows a status of Waiting For Response, it can be resent via email or post. The invoice cannot be resent via e-Invoicing.
- If an invoice is originally sent via e-Invoicing and has been unsuccessful (Generation Failed, Transmission Failed, Rejected), it can be resent via email, post, or e-Invoicing.
The Resend Invoices button in the invoice editor will be enabled for the above criteria, as well as the Send Method options.
You can edit invoices that have been originally sent via email or post in the invoice editor before you resend them, regardless of the Send Method that you have selected. Invoices sent via e-Invoicing cannot be edited.
Delete an Invoice
Invoices can be deleted from the Outstanding or Sent report if they have not been sent via e-Invoicing, or they have been sent via e-Invoicing without success (ie a status of Generation Failed, Transmission Failed, or Rejected).
You will not be able to select the Delete Invoices option from the With selected... dropdown if an invoice has been successfully sent via e-Invoicing once with a success response, or it has been sent via e-Invoicing and is showing a status of Waiting for Response.
Export a PDF of an Invoice
Once an invoice has been sent, it will be moved to either the Invoicing > Outstanding report or the Invoicing > Sent report, depending on how your portal is configured.
If you need to generate a PDF copy of invoices that are sent via post, you can access them from these reports.
Each report will allow you to export individual PDFs for each invoice or a single PDF file. You can filter the reports by 'Invoice Send Method' to search for the invoices that you need to PDF.