If you have access to other users' profiles, you can reset their 2FA configuration users. This is useful if a user can't access their usual 2FA device and is unable to authenticate using their backup email address.
Reset a User's 2FA from the Communication Tab
To reset a user's 2FA configuration from the Communication tab:
- Go to Communication > Send Message.
- Filter the Report Settings so that the user will appear in the report when you generate the onscreen report. You can enter their name in the Search keyword field to do this.
- Click Go.
- Tick the checkbox next to the user's name.
- Click With selected Users..., then select '2FA Reset' from the Send System Email dropdown list.
- Click the Send button directly under the Send System Email dropdown field.
The user will be sent an email advising them that their 2FA has been reset. On their next login, they'll need to reconfigure this access.
Reset an Employee or Staff/Admin User's 2FA on their User Profile
Administrators who have been granted 'Show Security Settings' system access can also reset 2FA directly in the user profile for employees or other Staff/Admin users. To do this:
- Go to Users > select the user type > select the username > Security Settings.
- Click ‘Reset user’s 2FA configuration’.
- Select ‘OK’ from the popup window to confirm that you would like to reset the configuration.
You’ll receive a confirmation once the configuration is reset. The user will also be notified and will need to reconfigure their 2FA access upon their next login.
Please note that the Security Settings tab only appears on employee or Staff/Admin profiles.