Your outgoing email preferences are configured in Config > Company Management in three places:
- Entity Details
When an email is sent from your portal, the following details are included:
Your Email From and Reply-to Address settings will not impact the contact of the system and scheduled notifications themselves.
Entity Details Configuration
You can manage the default email configuration for your entity in Config > Company Management > Entity Details.
The Entity Name is a required field that will be used as the ‘From’ name for any general communications that are sent from your entity. This includes timesheet reminders, two-factor authentication notifications, and tax file declaration reminders.
The Entity Name is also used for payroll and invoicing email if you have not entered specific payroll and invoicing settings.
The Email "From" Address is an optional field that allows you to configure the email address that emails are sent 'from' when system and scheduled notifications are sent from your portal. This is configured per entity.
The custom Email "From" Address is split into two components:
- the portal ID, which can be customised
- the domain name, which is fixed as "@portalmail.l.astutepayroll.net"
If the custom Email "From" Address field is not configured, the system will use the default portal ID
The Email Reply-to Address is a required field and the default email address listed as the reply-to address when emails are sent from the system. It is used for general communications and will apply to invoicing or payroll emails if you haven’t entered specific settings for these.
- If you have multiple entities in your portal and the Email "Reply-to" Address is not set for an entity, the system will use the Email "Reply-to" Address of your default entity.
- If there is only one entity in your portal, you will need to ensure that the Email ‘Reply-to’ Address is entered.
- In portals where an Email ‘Reply-to’ Address has not been set, the Email ‘Reply-to’ Address will default to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Email Signature field is a free-text field where you can set the signature that will appear at the bottom of some payroll system notifications.
The Invoicing Team Email Address and ‘From’ Name are set in Config > Company Management > select the entity > Invoicing. These settings will apply to invoice communications (eg New Invoice).
- The Email ‘From’ Name is the name that an invoice email is sent from.If this is not set, the Entity Name is used.
- The Email ‘Reply-to’ Address is the email address that will prepopulate when a recipient replies to an invoice email. If this is not set, the Email ‘Reply-to’ Address from the Entity Details tab will be used.
A payroll specific Reply-to address and ‘From’ name can be set in Config > Company Management > select the entity > Payroll. These settings are applied to all payroll related communications (eg pay advices, SuperStream Compliance - Missing Details).
The Email ‘From’ Name is the name that a payroll related email is sent from. If this has not been set, the Entity Name is used.
The Email ‘Reply-to’ Address is the email address that will prepopulate if a recipient replies to a payroll related email. If this is not set, the Email ‘Reply-to’ Address from the Entity Details tab will be used.