All Astute portals have the functionality for notifications to be sent to users via email. If you’d like to enable SMS Communications in your portal, please contact Support for more details.
When SMS communication is enabled in a portal, notifications to users can either be sent by email or by SMS. These include:
- Two-factor authentication validation codes
- System Notifications
- Scheduled Notifications
- Custom free-text messages
Manage SMS Communications
The SMS configuration settings are managed from Config > System Setup under the Communication heading on the left-hand side. The options that appear in the Communication section will depend on your account permissions.
If an administrator doesn’t need full access to either System or Scheduled Notifications, you can tick the checkbox for specific tasks to limit their access.
- ‘Set send methods including enabling SMS where charges apply’ gives a user visibility to change the method used to send a notification
- ‘Edit SMS message content’ allows a user to customise the message when a notification is sent via SMS
Enable SMS Communications
When SMS communications are switched on in a portal:
- New users can have SMS automatically enabled if they have a valid mobile number entered on their profile, if the ‘Opt-in SMS communication for new users' checkbox is ticked.
- Existing users won’t automatically opt-in to receive notifications via SMS. This will need to be set for each employee. You can enable SMS communication for existing users by changing their notification preferences in the Communication Management section.