The Invoice Template functionality allows you to customise invoice layouts and information based on your business and client requirements.
Invoice Templates are managed in Config > Invoicing > Templates.
Create a Template
Each invoice template comprises three main parts:
- Header- the top section of the invoice that typically contains information about the sender and the recipient. This is written in HTML, so it can be readily customised.
- Format - the body of the invoice and is determined by the Component that you select.
- Footer - the bottom section of the invoice that typically contains the totals of the invoice and information about the payment terms. This is written in HTML, so it can be readily customised.
Within each template, you can also:
- set the tax calculation method;
- select Reports to include with the invoice. These are presented below the footer and before any attachments; and,
- determine whether or not to attach certain items to the invoice.
The Astute Payroll system comes configured with two default invoice templates: Default Template and Default Template (Tax Amount).
You can build your own templates using any of the Astute Invoice Components, along with custom Headers and Footers.